IQNA

14:29 - May 04, 2019
News ID: 3468430
TEHRAN (IQNA) – Daesh militants and Chadian opposition fighters were responsible for an attack on the forces of eastern Libyan commander Khalifa Haftar in the southern Libyan city of Sebha, a military source said on Saturday.

 

Eight soldiers were killed earlier on Saturday in the attack on a training camp in Sebha, the head of the local municipality said, Reuters reported.

The World Health Organization (WHO) says nearly 400 people have been killed and a lot more injured since Libya’s renegade general Khalifa Haftar launched a major military offensive to seize the Libyan capital of Tripoli last month.

The Geneva-based organization, which is the specialized United Nations agency on international public health, announced on Friday that at least 392 people had been killed and 1,936 wounded since forces allied with the so-called Libyan National Army (LNA) led by strongman Haftar launched an offensive against the internationally-recognized Government of National Accord (GNA) in Tripoli on April 4.

The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) also expressed concern about the alarming levels of displacement near the Libyan capital, saying more than 50,000 people had been displaced as a direct result “of the intensifying armed conflict in Tripoli”.

 

 

Tags: IQNA ، Daesh ، Libya
Name:
Email:
* Comment: