IQNA

10:32 - February 02, 2020
News ID: 3470501
TEHRAN (IQNA) – The Palestinian Authority has cut all ties with the US and the Zionist regime of Israel, including those relating to security, after rejecting a so-called peace plan presented by US President Donald Trump, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said on Saturday.

 

Abbas was in Cairo to address the Arab League, which backed the Palestinians in their opposition to Trump’s plan.

The blueprint, endorsed by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, calls for the creation of a demilitarized Palestinian state that excludes Zionist settlements built in occupied territory and is under near-total Israeli security control.

“We’ve informed the Israeli side … that there will be no relations at all with them and the United States including security ties,” Abbas told the one-day emergency meeting, called to discuss Trump’s plan.  

Abbas also said he had refused to discuss the plan by with Trump by phone, or to receive even a copy of it to study it.

“Trump asked that I speak to him by phone but I said ‘no’, and that he wants to send me a letter … but I refused it,” he said, Reuters reported.

Abbas said he did not want Trump to be able to say that he, Abbas, had been consulted.

He reiterated his “complete” rejection of the Trump plan, presented on Tuesday. “I will not have it recorded in my history that I sold Jerusalem al-Quds,” he said.

 

Name:
Email:
* Comment: