Police Investigating After Muslim Girl Savagely Beaten in England

16:23 - January 21, 2023
News ID: 3482157
TEHRAN (IQNA) – In an unprovoked attack in Hounslow, a London borough in West London, England, a Muslim schoolgirl was savagely beaten.

London police


Victim Amina was punched in her jaw before her hijab was ripped from her head in the horror attack on January 3, and her friend who was with her at the time was also punched in the face.

After buying some school supplies in the city center and heading to a nearby bus stop at around 5.40pm, both girls were spotted by two other girls. Fatima, Amina's mother, told MyLondon: “My daughter didn’t feel safe so she walked away from the bus stop towards a nearby car park.”

Amina's friend walked a little further ahead to call her mother and ask to be picked up. Fatima added: “The girls followed her and when one girl asked why they were ignoring her, my daughter told her she wasn’t.”

Then Amina was asked who her friend was calling and she replied, “nobody.” Right after this is when one of the girls punched Amina’s friend in the face. Fatima said: “Amina being shocked, said ‘what are you doing?’ and then she was attacked.”

During the attack, Amina claims one of the girls, who she described as white, egged on her friend and filmed it. Fatima added: "She was punching [my daughter] repeatedly over and over again in side of the head, her temple, her jaw and between ear and jaw. The girl is a lot bigger than her. My daughter is quite short and petite, there was no way my daughter could protect herself.”

At one point when the girl had moved away, Amina said: “What’s wrong with you, you are making my hijab come off?” The girl replied: “What do you think you are bad? It’s not come off yet” and then the attack continued again.

Fatima said: “The pin in my daughter headscarf dug into the skin on her head.” Amina’s hijab eventually fell to the floor. The two girls ran back towards the bus stop and got on a bus and the girls were picked up by Amina's friend's mum and driven home.

Fatima said: “When Amina got home she was in shock and shaking.” She then reported the incident to the police, who told them to go down to the local station the following day to make a statement.

After the intensity of the past few days Fatima says Amina had a “meltdown” the day after which led her to staying at home and missing her mock exams. On January 7 Fatima took Amina to the hospital but she became so anxious she begged to go home.

Fatima said: “She saw the nurse and she got anxious. She kept saying ‘there is someone there and I don’t want to be here, please can we leave'.” So they left.

Fatima and Amina then went to Hayes police station a few days later to file a victim support statement. Fatima said: “There were two female officers, they were really helpful."

On the affect the attack has had on her and her daughter, she said: “Now if I can’t get a hold of her [Amina] I panic, I’ll just rush to her school, I panic and get really scared. I have lived in London all my life and you never think this type of thing will happen to your child and it’s not taken seriously.

“Amina feels humiliated and there is footage of her out there without her hijab on and she’d really upset over that. As a Mom, I want justice for my daughter. My daughter is quiet, she keeps to herself but this has completely isolated her.”

A spokesperson for the Met Police said: "Police are investigating an allegation of assault that was reported to have occurred at approximately 5.50pm on Tuesday, January 3 in Hounslow.

"It is alleged that a 16-year-old girl was assaulted by a teenage girl near a bus stop. Based on an initial account from the victim, the assault is being treated as racially-motivated. Officers are carrying out enquiries, including a review of CCTV from the area. No arrests have been made. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 6754/03Jan."