Those interested and eligible in participating in the recitation category of the major competition can complete their registration before May 18.
The screening stage of the competition will be held from May 21 to 27.
Here are the rules and regulations for participating in the event, according to the secretariat:
1. Participation is open to one male and one female candidate from each country.
2. Participants must be aged 13 and above on the first day of the assembly.
3. Priority is given to participants who have won the Quran competition held at the national level of the country they are representing.
4. Participants must be competent in al-Quran recitation like Sheikh Minsyawi & Syeikh Abdul Basit.
5. Participants will go through a virtual qualification screening at the Islamic Organization/Islamic Center in their respective countries, prior to participating in MTHQA. However, participants can be considered to participate at their respective places by ensuring good & stable internet access.
6. Those who have not participated in this assembly for the last (3) three years are eligible to participate.
7. Those who have never won first place (Champion) in this assembly are eligible to participate in MTHQA.
8. Participants must officially represent a country or an Islamic Organization recognized in a particular country and must be a legal citizen of the country (he or she) is representing.
9. Participants are required to fill in the pre-registration form as per the link (https://forms.gle/omPf9sGcLPD6FpPN6) or scan the QR code provided.
10. Participants are also required to use the form provided by the organizer and officially certified by the authorities of the participating country. The following documents must be accompanied by the entry form:
a. Confirmation letter from the applicant’s country/organization;
b. A copy of the applicant’s passport;
c. Recent passport size color photograph; and
d. A copy of Covid-19 Vaccination certificate
11. Participants are required to wear the official national costume of the country they are representing during virtual qualification screening.
12. Any cost incurred for the participant's virtual qualification screening session is not borne by the organizer.
13. The deadline for Secretariat to receive the application forms is May 18th, 2022 (Wednesday). Any application after the dateline will not be considered.