IQNA

Social Media’s Promotion of Wahabis’ Crimes Slammed

10:39 - May 11, 2013
News ID: 2531361
The Assembly of the Islamic Revolution’s Cyber Activists in an open letter to the OIC secretary general urged for condemnation of social media’s promotion of Wahabi Crimes.
In the letter to Ekmeleddin İhsanoglu, the assembly urged that Muslim countries condemn the Wahabis’ crime of desecrating the grave of Hujr Ibn Uday- a companion of the Holy Prophet (PBUH)- and the conduct of social media networks such as Facebook and Tweeter in promoting this crime.
“Years have passed since the inception of the illegitimate seed of Wahabism in the Muslim world,” the letter read. “The truth is that Wahabism, that is the product of long-term attempts by Britain and its spies in the Muslim world such as Mr. Hamfer, has now become a malevolent tumor in the Muslim world.”
It said one of the means helping the radical Wahabis to easily desecrate Muslim sanctities was the Zionist social media networks such as Facebook, Tweeter, and others.
“Despite its stated policies, Facebook failed to close the accounts of users that promoted this heinous act of sacrilege. Previously, YouTube, moving against its own regulations and policies, refused to remove the insulting movie that desecrated the Holy Prophet of Islam (PBUH). These are examples for the wise to realize that the bloodstained hands of the world arrogance and Zionists are at work behind the scene of these media.”
The letter said it is now time that the Muslim world, especially Sunni scholars take a decisive stand against this line of thought and against these acts of sacrilege. It is also time for Muslim governments to condemn these crimes and their supporters.
The Assembly of the Islamic Revolution’s Cyber Activists further called on the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to disavow this crime and take practical steps to prevent any more such actions by Takfiri groups.
1225122
captcha