IQNA

9:34 - August 16, 2026
News ID: 3498661

Siege and Attacks: Life Under Settler Violence in Qusra

IQNA – Families in the Palestinian village of Qusra, south of Nablus, say they have been subjected to repeated attacks by Israeli settlers, with some forced to leave their homes as tensions rise in the occupied West Bank.

Siege and Attacks: Life Under Settler Violence in Qusra

 

Families in the outskirts of Qusra, in the northern West Bank, said their homes had been under siege for nearly a week. They have faced repeated attacks from settlers, including settlers from the nearby illegal outpost of Ateret Shiloh.

In the village of Qusra, human rights groups say settlers are carrying out organized efforts to seize more land, reducing the territory available to Palestinians who seek to establish their own state.

The Israeli army and police did not respond to requests for comment. The Israeli army claimed that soldiers had been deployed in the village of Qusra since Thursday to protect residents and maintain security.

Marwan Awad, on of the Qusra resident said that he was forced to build metal fences and walls around his home to protect his family from settlers’ attacks. On the wall of his house, the phrase “Death to the Arabs” was written in Hebrew.

Human rights groups say that settlers are acting as if they enjoy immunity from punishment under the protection of the Israeli cabinet, which is dominated by the far right and supports the expansion of settlements in the occupied West Bank.

Azra Bronstein, a researcher at the human rights organization “Yesh Din,” said: “They are acting with extreme confidence and are actually taking control of the homes.”

Data released by the United Nations showed that more than 2,200 Palestinians have been displaced from their homes since the beginning of this year until the end of June due to settler violence and other restrictions related to access.

Settler violence has forced at least two families to leave their homes on the outskirts of the town of Qusra. One of them was the family of Ibrahim Hassan, who said that about a month ago he fled his home with his family after settlers stole his car, a number of books, and some data-x-items hanging on the walls.

Hassan said that settlers and Israeli soldiers stormed his home, and that the settlers attacked him in front of his wife and children while the soldiers watched. He added that he was forced to rent another house elsewhere.

 

Source: AlMashhad
captcha