While the hearing was underway people found 15 copies of the Quran in a rubbish dump, Al-Taqyir website reported.
A group called “Abdat-ul-Shaytan” (Satan worshippers) are said to have been behind the blasphemous act.
Prayer leader of Al-Katib Mosque Abdul-Ghadir Marzouq Omar said the incident was a tragedy and that Abdat-ul-Shaytan members had committed it.
Citizens of Al-Umal city in Al-Hadida province called on related officials to investigate into the incident and bring the perpetrators to justice.
The second court hearing for 5 university students affiliated to the group who had desecrated the Quran earlier this year will be held on Wednesday.
1223418