Heshmat Estankzi, a police spokesman in Kabul, said Mohammad Mohaqeq’s car was targeted on Tuesday morning by a suicide bomber in Pole-Sorkh district west of Kabul.
He said three individuals were killed and three other were wounded in the attack, Al-Alam news network reported.
The three wounded person’s were Mr. Mohaqeq’s bodyguards but he himself escaped the attack unharmed, according to Rah-e Farda TV network.
Last week, 15 civilians were killed in a bomb blast outside the Supreme Court in Kabul.
The Taliban attacks have been rampant since the militant group launched its annual offensive in April against Afghan government forces and US-led troops stationed in the country.
The US-led war in Afghanistan removed the Taliban from power in 2001, but insecurity continues to rise across the country, despite the presence of thousands of US-led troops there.
1244635