IQNA

Probe Ordered into Photo of Youth Trampling Quran

9:12 - September 27, 2013
News ID: 2595512
Tunisia’s government said yesterday it had ordered a probe and contacted Interpol after a young Tunisian living abroad posted a photo of himself on the Internet trampling on the Holy Quran.
The interior ministry said a preliminary inquiry found that the photo, published on social networking sites, was taken “by a young Tunisian under 20 years old living in a European country.”
“Coordination with the public prosecutor was immediately established, a judicial inquiry on the subject opened and Interpol informed so that the necessary measures are taken,” it added.
Tunisia has no laws criminalising blasphemy or sacrilege, but the judiciary has previously resorted to charges such as disturbing public order to prosecute people accused of attacking Islamic values.
Source: The Peninsula
captcha