IQNA

Quran Master Criticizes Egypt’s Move to Ban Qaris for Visiting Iran

11:18 - December 14, 2015
News ID: 3458587
TEHRAN (IQNA) – A prominent Iranian Quran master criticized Cairo for banning two of the country’s prominent Qaris who had recently visited Iran from reciting the Quran.

Abbas Salimi said the move shows a lack of ability to understand the significance of cultural exchanges between Iran and Egypt.


Egypt’s Awqaf ministry banned Sheikh Mahmoud Shahat Anwar and Muhammad Yahya al-Sharqawi from reciting the Quran and taking part in activities and programs organized by the ministry in Egypt and other countries.


Awqaf Minister Mukhtar Guma has also ordered an investigation into the two Qaris’ trips to Iran.


The ministry had previously forbidden any trip without permission to Iran by the Arab country’s scholars, Quran recites and prayer leaders.


Salimi said such moves are not going to affect the relations between Iranian and Egyptian Quranic communities.


He expressed hope that Quran activists of different Muslim countries would continue interactions and cultural exchanges in the future.


Salimi also wished prosperity for the Egyptian nation and Quranic community and prayed for enhanced unity among all Muslims.


http://iqna.ir/fa/News/3462852

captcha