According to Sky News, the Presidency of the Two Holy Mosques' Affairs said in a tweet on Wednesday that Taraweeh (special prayers of evenings in Ramadan) will be held despite a ban on mass prayers due to the coronavirus outbreak.
He added that allowing the prayer come on the condition that the prayers are reduced and the suspension of entry of pilgrims continues.
Saudi Arabia had previously banned all prayers at the two holy mosques.
On Tuesday, the kingdom said it plans to ease curfew hours it imposed on several cities during the month of Ramadan to allow people more time to shop for essential needs within the boundaries of their neighborhoods.
Saudi Arabia has so far reported more than 10,000 cases and over 100 deaths from COVID-19.