TEHRAN (IQNA) – An Iranian cleric stressed the role of unity for the Islamic society, appreciating efforts made in this regard.
Addressing a ceremony on Monday for unveiling translations of nine books about Islamic unity and related subjects, Deputy head of World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought Hojat-ol-Islam Seyyed Musa Mousavi stressed that adopting measures to restore values, especially those that play major role in the fate and progress of the Islamic society, can be considered among top acts of worship.
One of these values that has been neglected despite bearing great importance is the issue of proximity between Islamic madhhabs, he said.
The most important religious duty of a society is safeguarding religious values, and without unity in the Islamic Ummah, it is not possible to protect the Islamic values, Mousavi added.
The unveiled books were:
- Islamic Unity Based on Scientific Source of Ahl al-Bayt written by late Ayatollah Taskhiri, translated into Urdu by Hojat-ol-Islam Seyyed Jalal Miraghaei
- Islamic Unity, Islamic Awakening written by Mohammad Hossein Ardoush, translated into Urdu by Samineh Arefeh
- Muhammad (PBUH), A Prophet for All Times written by Hassan Rahimpour Azghadi, translated into Urdu by Mohammed Naser
- Prophet (PBUH) and His Stories written by Hojat-ol-Islam Gholamreza Heidari Abhari, translated into Urdu
- Modern Islamic Civilization in Remarks of Ayatollah Khamenei written by Mohammadreza Bahmani and translated into Serbian by Alexander Dragovic
- Islam’s Dawn written by Abdolhossein Zarrinkoob, translated into Italian and Russian by Professor Morganti and Ismail Bedulin respectively
- Islam’s Record written by Abdolhossein Zarrinkoob, translated into Italian
- Muslim Scientists’ Share in Scientific Progress written by Martyr Mohammad Mofateh, translated into Sinhalese by Lafir Madani
- Mutual Services of Iran and Islam written by late Ayatollah Morteza Motahari, translated into Kyrgyz and Thai by Ermek Keneshov and Sharif Hadi respectively
Mohammad Rasoul Almasieh, head of translation and publication of the Islamic Culture and Relations Organization also address the event.
He said some 70 books are being translated into different languages by the center every year.
The ceremony was broadcast online with presence of some of the translators, authors, and publishers.