IQNA

Senior Egyptian Qari Criticizes Cairo’s Refusal to Invite Iran to Int’l Quran Contest

10:35 - April 12, 2016
News ID: 3459511
TEHRAN (IQNA) – Prominent Egyptian Qari Sheikh Muhammad Abdul Wahab Tantawi criticized his country’s Awqaf ministry for not inviting Iran to Egypt’s international Quran competition.

"We and Iranian Qaris are Muslims and they are our brothers,” he told IQNA in an interview.

"I really don’t see a justified reason why the Awqaf ministry, which is in charge of the contest, has not invited Iranian Qaris to take part in the competition.”

Senior Egyptian Qari Criticizes Cairo’s Refusal to Invite Iran to Int’l Quran Contest

Sheikh Tantawi noted that Iran has always invited Egyptian Quran activists and masters to its international Quranic events regardless of political issues.

"I, myself, have attended several editions of Iran’s international Quran competition as a member of the panel of judges,” he said.

The senior Qari went on to say that Quran competitions belong to all Muslims and bring together the devotees of the Quran from all over the world.

The 23rd edition of the international Quran competition of Egypt kicked off in the coastal town of Sharm el-sheikh in South Sinai governorate on Sunday, April 10.

It is being held under the supervision of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi with the participation of 160 Quran reciters and memorizers from over 60 countries.

Egypt’s Awqaf Ministry like last year excluded Iran, Turkey and Qatar from the competition for political reasons.

http://iqna.ir/fa/news/3487651

captcha