“Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are the countries that are executing this offensive,” Abdul-Malik al-Houthi noted in a televised address on Friday.
The invasion has, since its very onset, borne the hallmark of criminal behavior, he said.
“The invading coalition targeted the Yemeni nation in every place. It bombarded the [country’s] infrastructures, trying to afflict damage on the nation in whatever way possible,” Houthi noted.
The coalition has been waging an indiscriminate war against Yemen since March 2015 with the aim of reinstalling the country’s former Riyadh- and Washington-allied officials.
The war has stopped short of its goals while killing hundreds of thousands of Yemenis in the process, and turning the entire Yemen into the scene of the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.
The invaders have also been implementing an all-out siege on the country, preventing it from receiving its bare necessities, including foodstuffs and medicine.
Houthi said the coalition sought to exercise complete control over Yemen’s oil facilities, ports, and national wealth.
Yemen is facing a “very intense economic war,” which seeks to plunder its resources, therefore, punishing every household in the country, he added.
Yemen’s defense forces, which comprise the country’s army and its allied Popular Committees, have, however, vowed not to lay down their arms until the country’s complete liberation from the scourge of the invasion. The forces have been staging near-daily retaliatory strikes, many of which have struck sensitive targets lying deep inside Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
“Our people chose steadfastness in the face of full-scale plots and aggression,” Houthi said.
“We managed to launch our missiles and drones from wherever we want, and towards whatever target that we want,” he hailed, noting that the country’s defense forces had so far conducted around 66,000 operations against the invaders.