Protesters took to streets in Quetta, the capital of the Balochistan province on Friday, asking the government to step down. They also shouted anti-US slogans during their demonstration.
On Thursday, at least 92 Pakistanis lost their lives and more than 200 others were injured in twin bomb attacks that targeted Shia Muslims in a crowded hall in Quetta. Earlier in the day, 12 security forces were also killed in a bomb explosion at a security check point in the city.
The families of the victims said they would not bury their dead until security is improved in the city.
The country’s Shia leaders said the Balochistan government has failed to protect the lives of people, demanding that the military take control of the violence-hit city to prevent further sectarian attacks.
In another incident also on Thursday, a bomb was detonated inside a mosque in the Swat Valley of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, northwest of Islamabad, leaving 25 dead and 80 others wounded.
Ali Dayan Hasan, Pakistan Director of Human Rights Watch, said, "Last year was the bloodiest year for Shias in living memory."
"More than 400 were killed and if yesterday's attack is any indication, it's just going to get worse," he added.
Thousands of Pakistanis have lost their lives in bombings and other militant attacks since 2001 when Pakistan entered an alliance with the United States in the so-called war on terror.
Since late 2009, there has been a surge in militant attacks in Pakistan. Thousands have been displaced by the wave of violence and militancy sweeping the country.
Source: Press TV