IQNA

16:31 - January 15, 2020
News ID: 3470373
TEHRAN (IQNA) –  Lebanese Hezbollah resistance movement’s second in command Sheikh Naim Qassem said the resistance front will continue more vigorously its efforts to expel US forces from the region.

 

Speaking to Lebanese news website al-Ahed News, Sheikh Qassem said the enemy was wrong to think that by assassinating Iranian top commander Lt. General Qassem Soleimani, the plan to rid the region from US troops will fail.

By killing General Soleimani, thousands of those like him will follow his path and seek to take revenge for the assassination, the Hezbollah official said.

He also hailed the massive presence of Iranians in the funeral processions held for Martyr Soleimani and said it showed that the Islamic Revolution is in the heart of the Iranian people.

Millions of people attended the funeral processions for General Soleimani in different cities in Iran last week to pay tribute to the martyr.

General Soleimani, deputy head of Iraq’s Hashd al-Shaabi Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, and a number of their entourage were killed in a strike by American drones near Baghdad International Airport in the early hours of Friday.

The White House and the Pentagon confirmed the assassination of General Soleimani in Iraq, saying the attack was carried out at the direction of US President Donald Trump.

 

https://iqna.ir/fa/news/3871920

 

Tags: IQNA ، Soleimani ، Hezbollah ، US forces ، expel
Name:
Email:
* Comment: