IQNA

15:34 - March 04, 2021
News ID: 3474157
TEHRAN (IQNA) – Hezbollah's second-in-command Sheikh Naim Qassem said the United States and Israel do not dare attack the Lebanese resistance movement since they are aware that the group’s firm determination to respond to any act on aggression will never change.

 

Speaking on Wednesday, Sheikh Qassem stressed that Hezbollah intends to remain in a defensive position and does not want to initiate a war.

“Israel must understand that the battleground is not open for it,” he said, adding that any future battle will be taken to the depth of the Israeli-occupied territories.

 “If Israel draws us to a confrontation, we are ready at any moment to teach it a lesson that it will never forget,” the Hezbollah official said, according to Press TV.

Currently, any American or Israeli attack on Hezbollah is unlikely, Sheikh Qassem predicted, adding, “They know that Hezbollah will respond to any act of aggression.”

The Hezbollah official also said that one of the problems Lebanon is grappling with is the pressure exerted by the US on the Middle Eastern country through the imposition of various sanctions and conditions.

There are no relations between Hezbollah and Washington, no matter if Donald Trump or Joe Biden is in power in the United States, he added.

Hezbollah was established following the 1982 Israeli invasion and occupation of southern Lebanon. Since then, the popular resistance movement has grown into a powerful military force.

Lebanon fought off two Israeli wars in 2000 and 2006. On both occasions, battleground contribution by Hezbollah proved an indispensable asset, forcing the Israeli military into a retreat and shattering the myth of the occupying entity’s invincibility.

Hezbollah has on many occasions expressed its full readiness for confrontation in case the Tel Aviv regime opts to launch an offensive against Lebanon.

 

Tags: Hezbollah ، Sheikh Qassem ، US ، Israel
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
* captcha: