The workshop is slated to be held on March 15-16, 2022, according to gloqur.de website.
The organizers have invited submissions of abstracts for the workshop that will deal with the globalization of the Quran translation in the first decades of the 20th century, until the 1960s, against the backdrop of migration and increasing daʿwa activities.
“We welcome contributions on any topic that sheds light on this larger question, for example on
- Quran translation in South Asia in the 19th/20th centuries
- the globalization of daʿwa at the beginning of the 20th century
- the role of Quran translations in Muslim daʿwa activities
- the emergence of Quran translations as a new genre of religious literature in different regions across the globe
- individual Muslim Quran translators and translations from the first decades of the 20th century in a historical perspective
- transregional networks, the movement of texts and translations of translations.”
For more information visit here.