IQNA

Saudi Arabia Blocking Syrians from Hajj

13:23 - October 01, 2013
News ID: 2597872
The Al Saud regime once again has barred Syrian pilgrims from travelling to the country perform the annual Muslim Hajj pilgrimage.
The Saudi government, which is a staunch supporter of the Takfiri armed groups in Syria, in a clearly political move has barred Syrian people from Hajj and issues Hajj visas only for those approved by the Syrian opposition.
Muhammad Bin Abdul Rahman Al-Bijawi, a Saudi Hajj Official in Medina, said the country’s Hajj Authority issues Hajj visas for Syrian nationals in coordination with the Syrian opposition groups abroad.
He said Syrian Hajjis can enter Saudi Arabia only via four countries, namely Turkey, Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon.
Last year, too, the Saudi government blocked Syrian pilgrims from travelling to the holy cities, a move that is politically motivated and runs counter to the regulations of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
The Hajj pilgrimage -the world’s largest annual human assembly- is an obligation for Muslims and must be performed at least once in a lifetime by all able-bodied Muslims who can afford it.

1296489
captcha