IQNA

Registration for Iran’s Next Int’l Quran Contest to Begin in Months

20:33 - May 20, 2016
News ID: 3459872
TEHRAN (IQNA) – An official with Iran’s Awqaf and Charity Affairs Organization said call for registration for the next edition of the country’s international Quran contest will be issued sooner than previous editions.


Hojat-ol-Islam Karim Dolati said registration for next year’s contest will begin in two or three months so that all the participants can have time to study the regulations of the competition and make preparations accordingly.

He noted that the regulations are available on the website of the contest and anyone willing to read it can refer to the website.

He said the level of reciters and memorizers in this year’s contest was very good as the contenders had been tested before entering the main stage of the competition.

Iran’s 33rd International Holy Quran Competition was held in the capital Tehran on May 11-17 with the participation of some 130 Quran memorizers and reciters from over 70 countries.

Elsewhere, Dolati said Quran competitions, as Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei has put it, are organized to bring world Muslims closer together and this is one of the objectives of Iran’s contest as well.

He also highlighted the success of the sideline programs in this year’s competition, including a Quranic exhibition held adjacent to the main competition hall, the congress for honoring women Quran activists, and Quran recitation sessions in several provinces with the participation of Qaris from different countries.

http://iqna.ir/fa/news/3499697

captcha