کد خبر: 1295909
تاریخ انتشار : ۰۸ مهر ۱۳۹۲ - ۰۹:۲۲

No. of Casualties in Al-Hussein (AS) Suicide Bombing Attack Rises

Iraq’s security officials said the number of those killed or injured in the suicide bombing in Al-Hussein Mosque is higher than previously reported.



A suicide bomber targeted mourners at the mosque in Al-Musayeb district, North of Babil on Sunday, September 29, killing 40 and injuring 50 others, Al-Nahrain website reported.


The security officials said the number of causalities may still rise as the blast caused the roof of the mosque to collapse.


Earlier on Sunday, five consecutive explosions shattered the northern city of Irbil, the capital of Iraq’s Kurdistan region. 6 people were killed and 39 others wounded in the blast. In a separate attack, four terrorists who were trying to enter a security building were killed by security officers.


Ali Al-Mousawi, media advisor to Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maleki has condemned the attacks, saying that the terrorist bombings demonstrate that terrorism is not limited to any special region but has targeted everyone.


He underlined the need for unity among Iraqis to confront these attacks.


1295848


captcha