صفحه نخست

فعالیت قرآنی

سیاست و اقتصاد

بین الملل

معارف

اجتماعی

فرهنگی

شعب استانی

چندرسانه ای

عکس

آذربایجان شرقی

آذربایجان غربی

اردبیل

اصفهان

البرز

ایلام

خراسان جنوبی

بوشهر

چهارمحال و بختیاری

خراسان رضوی

خراسان شمالی

سمنان

خوزستان

زنجان

سیستان و بلوچستان

فارس

قزوین

قم

کردستان

کرمان

کرمانشاه

کهگیلویه و بویر احمد

گلستان

گیلان

لرستان

مازندران

مرکزی

هرمزگان

همدان

یزد

بازار

صفحات داخلی

کد خبر: ۱۲۹۶۲۷۵
تاریخ انتشار : ۰۸ مهر ۱۳۹۲ - ۱۴:۵۵

At least 42 people have been killed and over a hundred injured in a series of car bomb explosions across Iraq’s Baghdad Province.



Iraqi security and medical officials said that the Monday blasts struck several Shia-majority areas of the Iraqi capital Baghdad.


The deadliest attack occurred in the Sadr City area of north Baghdad, where a blast claimed the lives of at least a dozen people, including two soldiers.


The bombings came a day after a bomber attacked mourners at a mosque south of Baghdad, killing at least 27 people.


Also on Sunday, six people were killed and 29 others injured when four explosive-laden cars went off outside a security directorate in the capital of Iraq’s semi-autonomous Kurdistan region, Arbil.


So far, there has been no claim of responsibility for the attacks, but Iraqi al-Qaeda, which frequently carries out coordinated bombings against civilian and security targets, may have been responsible.


Violence has surged across Iraq in recent months, reaching its highest level since 2008. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has said that attacks in the country aim to “reignite sectarian strife.”


According to the United Nations, more than 5,000 people have been killed in acts of violence so far this year in Iraq, 800 of them in August alone with Baghdad Province worst hit.


Source: Press TV